2019-2020 Caddo and Bossier REAL Scholarship recipients announced
Dr. Chris Martin, dean of the College of Business at Louisiana Tech University, recently announced the recipients of the College’s REAL Scholarship for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Lauren E. Lasiter, of Bossier City, Airline High School
- Joshua D. Lewis, of Shreveport, Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts
- Bret C. Frotz, of Benton, Benton High School
- Alexis N. McClain, of Shreveport, Captain Shreve High School
- Andrew D. Atkins, of Shreveport, Loyola College Prep
- Avery A. Jeffcoat, of Bossier City, Airline High School
- Maggie R. Dinkins, of Shreveport, C.E. Byrd High School
- Shelby L. Watson, of Haughton, Haughton High School
“The applicant pool for the REAL Scholarship was extremely impressive again this year,” Martin said. “I am eager to welcome these students to Louisiana Tech in the fall, and am confident they will thrive at the College of Business. I would also like to offer my gratitude to our alumnus for providing the funds to support the academic achievements of students from the Caddo/Bossier area.”
Awarded to first-year undergraduates from Caddo and Bossier parishes, recipients receive $8,000 per academic year, for up to four years, to assist with tuition, room and board, books, and fees. This award is in addition to Louisiana’s TOPS.
“In establishing this scholarship, more students in Caddo and Bossier parishes will have the opportunity to attend the College of Business and improve their quality of life,” said the REAL Scholarship’s anonymous donor, who noted his Louisiana Tech education enriched his life beyond his wildest dreams. “I hope other alumni will be inspired to give back to one of our state’s greatest assets — Louisiana Tech University.”
For more information about the REAL Scholarship, contact Senior Director of Development Mary Susan Britt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318.257.3741.