College of Business to Host Virtual Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace Forum
Louisiana Tech University’s College of Business will host Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace on Tuesday, Feb. 2. The virtual forum includes six sessions featuring an array of speakers who are diversity, equity, and inclusion thought-leaders from top global corporations. This free event is open to the public, and registration is required for each session. Attendees can register at tinyurl.com/LATechDI2021.
“This event marks the third year we have partnered with our friends at Grambling State University’s College of Business to provide our students with the opportunity to have important conversations surrounding diversity and inclusion in the context of business,” said Dr. Chris Martin, Dean of the College of Business. “We have expanded our format this year to include multiple DEI experts from Fortune 500 companies across the U.S., and look forward to including our alumni, community members, and a national audience in the conversation.”
The schedule includes:
- 8:30 a.m.: Unconscious Bias in the Workplace, What it is, and How to Manage it featuring Dr. Todd Jenkins, Diversity, Inclusion, and Innovation Senior Leader for J.B. Hunt
- 10 a.m.: Embedding DEI in the Culture featuring Kaye Cullum, Global Group Lead for Diversity and Inclusion at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- 11:30 a.m.: Inclusive Leadership featuring Dr. Alveda Williams, Corporate Director of Inclusion at The Dow Chemical Company
- 1 p.m.: Inclusion and Employee Engagement featuring Stephen Metoyer, ’91, Chief Inclusion Officer for Deloitte Tax LLP
- 2:30 p.m.: Aligning Business and Inclusion Strategies featuring Candice Jones, Director of Walmart’s Global Office of Culture, Diversity, and Inclusion
- 4 p.m.: Ask the Experts Panel Discussion featuring Steven Johnson (Lowe’s, Sr. Global Lead), Alexis Kerr (Cadillac, Head of Multicultural Marketing), Reggie Miller (McDonalds, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer), and Dr. Todd Jenkins (J.B. Hunt, Diversity, Inclusion, and Innovation Senior Leader)
Talent acquisition teams from each corporation will be available following each session to network with Louisiana Tech and Grambling College of Business students.
“We strive to create a rich learning environment that considers and appreciates a multitude of perspectives that lead to enhanced decision-making. We consider this mindset critical in today’s global and inclusive workplace,” said Dr. Martin. “I hope many will consider joining us for one or more of these virtual sessions that will provide a platform for awareness around issues of diversity and inclusion in the business world.”
For more information about the event, visit tinyurl.com/LATechDI2021, call 318.257.2497, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.