Student Spotlight: Ellie Willcox

Nov 19, 2018 | Business, Engagement

First year finance major Ellie Willcox, of Haughton, is determined to make the most out of her time as a Louisiana Tech student. “Outside the classroom, I’m aiming to be involved with as many campus organizations as possible,” she said. “I’m looking forward to not only seeing what Louisiana Tech has to offer me, but also seeing what I can offer Louisiana Tech.”Ellie Willcox

Ellie knew the College of Business was the right place to prepare her for future success. “After touring the College last fall, I fell in love with everything from the beautiful building to the welcoming faculty,” said Ellie, who plans to become a corporate lawyer. “Louisiana Tech has an amazing College of Business and I’m so excited to be a part of it.”

Her past achievements in and outside the classroom have already been noticed. She was selected as one of five recipients of the prestigious REAL Scholarship awarded annually to College of Business students from Caddo and Bossier parishes.

Ellie hopes that she will look back on her first year at Tech as a time of personal and academic growth. “I’m hoping to have made lifelong friends, grown and been tested in my faith, and successfully made myself breakfast at least once! I have already had so much fun during my first few weeks on campus and am excited to see what the future has in store for me at Louisiana Tech.”

Information on the REAL Scholarship

Apply for the REAL Scholarship

Submit an Alumni Recommendation