COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
Concurrent Enrollment Program
Get a Head Start on your Graduate Degree
Want to start your graduate degree early? Our Concurrent Enrollment Program allows Louisiana Tech students to get a head start on MBA or MAcc courses while still in an undergraduate program. Read on to learn more about how you can accelerate your graduate education.
What Is Required To Apply?
To be eligible to register for graduate credit and take classes, students need a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 and have less than 30 hours remaining in their undergraduate degree program. To apply students must obtain the following:
- Written approval of Interim Associate Dean of Graduate Studies Dr. Selwyn Ellis. For those applying for concurrent enrollment in the MAcc program, written approval must also be obtained from the MAcc Program Advisor Dr. Bill Stammerjohan.
- A minimum of two letters of reference along with a graduate application and an application fee of $40.
What Is Required During The Program?
- Students must maintain undergraduate status.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 until awarded the bachelor’s degree.
- All students are expected to enroll in at least one graduate level course each quarter of undergraduate enrollment.
No more than 12 graduate credit hours may be earned while completing bachelor’s requirements. Courses taken for graduate credit cannot be used to satisfy undergraduate requirements. Students not meeting the undergraduate preparatory requirements will not be eligible for this program.
After Earning your Undergraduate Degree
Upon undergraduate graduation, students are required to apply to graduate school for admission into the master’s degree program. Applicants to the graduate school will not be charged another $40 application fee.
Students seeking admission to another master’s program, other than the program in which they were granted concurrent enrollment, must meet the same admissions requirements as other applicants of that program. GMAT scores will only be waived for those admitted to the Concurrent Enrollment Program provided they continue to pursue the degree for which they were initially admitted and maintain all other conditions to retain graduate status.
Graduate Programs Contact Information
Dr. Andrea Drake
Head of School of Accountancy
Phone: (318) 257-2500
Dr. Bill Stammerjohan
MAcc Program Advisor
Phone: (318) 257- 3828
Dr. Selwyn Ellis
Interim Associate Dean of Graduate Programs
College of Business Graduate Programs Office