COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
College of Business Ambassadors
In support of the College’s student engagement, recruitment, and retention efforts, a team of outstanding business students will be chosen to advance and promote the interests of the College of Business. The individuals chosen to be part of the Ambassadors will provide a link between prospective students, their families, and our current undergraduate students. Serving as an Ambassador for the College of Business will expand a student’s leadership role in preparation for a successful career and life beyond Louisiana Tech.
To be considered for selection as an Ambassador in the College of Business, an applicant must:
- be pursuing a major within the College of Business;
- be in good academic standing with at least two full quarters remaining;
- have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA; and
- be in at least one on-campus organization.
Preference will be given to those who meet the following:
- Students involved in College of Business related organizations
- Students who exude leadership qualities in their respective organizations
- Students who receive recommendations from faculty members
Ambassador duties include:
- Writing handwritten notes to prospective students
- Calling campaigns for retention and recruitment efforts
- Representing the College at University and College sponsored events (Time Out for Tech, Saturday visits, showcase events, etc.)
- Assisting in the execution of student engagement events (Crawfish Boil, Tailgates, COBtober Fest, Career Week, etc.)
Ambassadors will be awarded a $100 scholarship each quarter during their terms of membership.
If you are interested in being a part of the ambassador team, please complete the this application.
As a requirement for this application, please have a faculty member or current ambassador complete this recommendation form regarding your candidacy.